Mountain Life in Colorado: Summer, Kind of

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Summer, Kind of

Summer is here, I guess.  There is still snow on the ground in my yard but it's melting.  Yesterday I put up our hammock and after doing some yard work I took a little snooze in it.  It was a little chilly but I did get all cozy and fell asleep for about 10 minutes.  The river is absulutely raging right now so it was pretty peaceful.  Peaceful until I opened up my eyes and looked around at all of the dog poop on the ground, the carnage from all of the parties we had in the back yard, the firework trash, and the glass from our patio table that we never put away, the broken chairs from the heaviness of the snow.  ARGH.  We were so lazy putting away stuff last year before the snow came and now I'm pissed at myself for it.  That table cost me only $40 at Walmart one year and it was a steal.  I knew it was a good buy and we used it constantly.  It was an excellent, large table that is now history.  Bummer. 
I started raking and picking up and organizing and the dry part of my yard now looks pretty good.  I never cut back my flowers last fall either so I got all of that cleaned up.  I am super excited to garden since last year I didn't plant one flower or weed one garden.  I have a lot of work to do in my yard and I am looking forward to it. 

Welcome summer.  Stay for awhile.

No comments: