Mountain Life in Colorado: Las Vegas- Day 2

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Las Vegas- Day 2

Jack, naturally, got out of bed super early and left for some coffee.  The girls and I slept in and with the wooden blinds closed tightly it was dark and we could have slept until noon.  Jack came back with coffee for me too and we all slowly woke up looking out at the clear, warm skies.  We talked about what to do and see and I had so many of the free things planned out.  Jack really wanted to walk down to the Stratosphere.  Since no one brought any shoes except flip flops I knew the walk was at least 2 miles one way and even though that doesn't seem like far, for our tender, non-broken in for flip flop feet, it was.  We got in the car and drove and had breakfast at Denny's.  It was fine and the waiter was funny and I picked his brain on all sorts of stuff.  We had that waiter bond.
We walked from Denny's to the Stratosphere and like I thought, we had to pay to get to the top.  It wasn't cheap and we are so we weren't about to splurge nearly $20/person for a view of the city.  The girls were upset but they got over it quickly because they know that we just aren't the family that can pay for that and whining will definitely not fix that problem.  Back to the car and we drove to Walmart instead because we were on a budget and needed food for the hotel room so we wouldn't spend any more money on food.  Except for dinner.  But, with 2 for one's who cares? 
The Bussy's obviously don't get much in the culture scene because Walmart, in Las Vegas, was sure entertaining for us. 
We got back to the hotel after awhile and got on our suits and went to the pool.  Books in hand, it was relaxing and warm.  I slept and Jack read.  The girls got into a humungous fight and thank God they left the pool area.  We had our peace at last.  They ended up in the room.  After a couple of hours of getting sun we went back to the room and I took a nap.  It was great!!
Time for dinner and another good time on the street.  With all of the street shows, homeless people, and just everyday people watching we sure did enjoy ourselves.  We had dinner at a place called Hennessey's and the food was good.  We loved it.  We all got a good nights sleep and I was excited to get to the next destination the next day.  It was sure going to be a treat and I saved the best for last.  I didn't tell them where we were going but I did tell them we were moving for our last night. 
I love surprises.

1 comment:

hefr said...

I certainly don't mean to sound insensitive about the homeless. We really had some great family talks about it and it was not something we see, ever. The girls had many questions and we talked a lot about what it would be like to be homeless. It was sad to see and an eye opener for the kids.