Mountain Life in Colorado: The Clutter

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Clutter


I'm so over the clutter in my house.  This is my kitchen table and it looks like this pretty much every day. 
I have purchased separate bins for the 4 of us. 
Didn't work.
I have threatened, and threatened.
Didn't work.
I have labeled places for us to put our stuff.
Didn't work.
Obviously, nothing works. 
I have literally tried everything. 
Nothing works. 
I'm over it.  And I really don't know how to clean up the clutter. 
I have been over to some of my friends' homes and they have no clutter.  I  didn't believe it so I decided to "drop" by unannounced and still, no clutter.  How do these super Mom's do it? 
I need help with my clutter. 
Believe me,
NOTHING WORKS!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Lynne said...

I just pick up the stuff and "chuck" into my kids rooms..they can live in the clutter. :) Not that it stays there but I feel better for a day or two..

Anonymous said...

Aww Hef...It doesnt look so bad. At least you can see the table..Just watch an eposode of Hoarders on a & E and you wont feel so bad..Luckly I only have Newfoundlands and there is dog hair , a lil slime and lots of squeeker toys all over the house. Hang in there ..its just the winter blues making u notice it a lil more>> Marilee

Anonymous said...

you can throw away, donate or hide what you keep picking up day after day....

hefr said...

Unfortunately, this stuff is not donatable (is that a word?).
It's just things that don't get put away and we are all guilty.
Marilee,
You're probably right. The winter blues do kick in right about now. Especially since we haven't had any snow to speak of so the skiing sucks. :(

Anonymous said...

Hef... seriously? Do what Lynne says and throw it in their room. I do the same thing. the only thing I'm responsible for is the pile of mail :)
Jan

hefr said...

Shit Jan, I've tried that and to no avail. Half that stuff isn't theirs and it's crap that I can't control. UGH!