Mountain Life in Colorado: Complaining

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Complaining

It's Sunday and my kids are on spring break.  I'm feeling sorry for ourselves that we aren't in Disneyland or at the beach or camping or in Costa Rica.  It's snowing out right now and it's not even 30 degrees.  Wah!!
I got home from work at around midnight last night and today I slept in.  Unfortunately, I had to wake up to a snowmobile reving up its engine and it sounded sick.  For hours this guy was out there and after listening to the sick pig I got my coat on and boots and walked down the driveway to see what the deal was.  Here is this guy stuck in my yard with his fancy schmancy sled and there are 5 or so guys down there digging and shoveling.  I climbed up on the snowbank and threw up my hands clearly pissed off at these bozo's.  I told them I was sick of the noise and to get out of my yard.  What a bitch, is what they were thinking.  Well, after a huge winter and not wanting winter anymore I AM a bitch and would like not to hear anymore machines stuck in my yard.  So, I'm sure they all took a pee in my driveway and left.  I didn't stick around to see.  But I did leave my ginormous dog outside to intimidate them.  I love big dogs.  Except, my big dog barfed 3 times on our carpet at 7am this morning so that was actually the first thing I heard when I woke up this morning. 
I got on facebook to catch up on some reading, pathetic, I know, and it's depressing reading that so and so's family is flying South, such and such is in San Diego, blah blah blah is at the beach.  Woe is me.
Time to get over it and go out and shovel off some snow from the deck. 
Keystone closes today so the season is definitely ending.  After today we should see things really slow down.  This seems to have been the season that never ended.  Work is still busy and that's a good thing. 
Happy snowy day and for those of you who are at the beach, get over yourselves. 

No comments: