Mountain Life in Colorado: Skiing Cadillac

Monday, April 25, 2011

Skiing Cadillac

On Friday a friend and I went for a hike/ski.  She called me the night before and asked if I wanted to ski Cadillac.  Cadillac is this big, huge blue run in the sky.  The only way to ski it is to hike up to it.  Off we went.  I got ready the night before since we were going to get started at 8am.  It was 8:45 when we started hiking but it was cold so we weren't worried that by the time we got up to the top it would be too warm which would make the skiing more difficult. 
It's a steep hike, in many areas and a great workout.  We stopped for lunch after about an hour and a half and drank some water and ate some food.  I did manage to snap a few pictures. 
We got to the top around 2 hours later and took off our skins and put on our goggles and skied the most creamy, soft, fresh snow and the smile on my face lasted all day. 
What a great ski and the hike is well worth the ski. 




I love Montezuma.

No comments: