Mountain Life in Colorado: All in a Month

Saturday, September 10, 2011

All in a Month

It's been a month since I've written anything.  It's not because I don't have anything to write about, because I do, but just pure laziness.  Sorry to say, it's in my blood.  I don't like my laziness. 
Lot's have taken place in a month.  Here's a quick update. 
  • lots and lots of work
  • registered Jordan for high school
  • registered Hannah for 7th grade
  • got our hair cuts (over $100 worth)
  • Jordan started high school and says she loves it
  • Hannah started 7th grade and says she loves it
  • Jordan joined the speech and debate team
  • Hannah is playing volleyball
  • Hannah finished up her mountain bike racing, winning the last race and coming in 3rd overall
  • rode my bike up Webster Pass, twice
  • had a bear on our deck
  • saw a bear two weeks later
  • first snow on Greys and Torry's (fourteener's close by)
  • took a bunch of naps (because of my laziness)
  • shed a few tears (because my teenager makes me cry)
  • drank some wine (because I need it)
  • watched the East coast devastation on the weather channel, and still am
  • went for a hike up to the meadow in Deer Creek
  • went for a few runs
  • juiced
  • met with a few of Jordan's high school teachers
  • got a crown on a tooth
  • sold our camper and shed a tear over seeing it rolling down the road behind a different truck. 
  • signed Hannah up for violin lessons
  • Jack turned 51 (he looks 31, damn him)
  • my Mom would have turned 78
  • went to Denver and shopped with the girls in the mall and had a blast. 
It may not be very exciting but in a month we sure did pack in a lot.  I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel with work too.  Our closing day is October 18th and we don't re-open until the day before Thanksgiving.  I am so excited to have some time off.  I may go home to MN for a visit.  I've been waiting for tickets to drop in price.  We'll see.  I'd love to see my family. 

No comments: