Mountain Life in Colorado: Waiting on Idiots

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Waiting on Idiots

If I could I would.  I would tell my "guests" what I really feel about them, at my job. 
Tonight was just plain frustrating.  People don't get it.  This is why EVERYONE needs to work as a waiter just for a portion of their lives to figure out life. 
Take note. 
When going out to dinner and your table is not ready, RELAX.  Especially when you have cocktails in front of you and a fire in the fireplace that you are sitting in front of.  20-30 minutes on a Saturday night is not that bad of a wait. 
If you are told not to throw anymore logs on the fire because we are having issues with the back draft because of the wind DON'T TAKE OFFENSE AND LET IT RUIN YOUR EVENING.
Again, relax.  it's not the end of the world that you can't show your friends how you can stoke a fire.  
Once you get to your table, let go of the fire thing.  For one, it's super annoying that you keep bringing up the fact that you couldn't stoke the fire.   I'm sorry your ego was hurt.  And the Elk we saved for you that you weren't to psyched about well, it was a great product and you were just looking for something to bitch about since your ego was deflated. 
Also, the d'Arenberg, The Love Grass, Shiraz that you ordered is an EXCELLENT wine and for you to snub your nose at it shows that you know nothing about wine.   Again, you were just offended and had to look for something to complain about. 
When you order the Bavarian, instead of the signature Blueberry Cobbler, or the Chocolate Mousse, or the homemade Ice Cream on Red Velvet cake and throw the "F" bomb when you get your not so talked about Bavarian, you need to realize that you are a complete idiot. 

Clearly, I had a bad table tonight that took out a not so perfect night, in one guy's mind, on me.  Everyone else gave me HUGE verbal tips.  The monetary tip I received from them was terrible and the service they received was exceptional.  They even told me so. 
Except the guy with the huge ego. 
He was just a complete ass hole. 

No comments: