Mountain Life in Colorado: I'm Sorry

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I'm Sorry

I'm sorry we are  living with Bipolar.
I'm sorry we offended you.
I'm sorry you don't understand.
I'm sorry she was disrespectful.
I'm sorry we had to cancel out at the last minute.
I'm sorry she cried in your class.
I'm sorry I don't want to exchange gifts anymore.
I'm sorry you think she's weird.
I'm sorry I don't feel like talking.
I'm sorry I can't explain and you want me to.
I'm sorry she just wants to listen to her ipod and not engage.
I'm sorry she can't concentrate in your class.
I'm sorry I keep calling your office crying.
I'm sorry I seem mad.
I'm sorry we hurt your feelings.
I'm sorry you don't get it.
I'm sorry she slammed your door.
I'm sorry we seem distant.
I'm sorry we have holes in our walls.
I'm sorry I cry when I talk about this.
I'm sorry you want to hospitalize.
I'm sorry you had to come to the house because it was a false alarm.
I'm sorry we upset you.
I'm sorry your kid is upset.
I'm sorry I can't help.
I'm sorry the meds don't work.
I'm sorry we keep seeing the Dr.
I'm sorry you don't "buy into" the Bipolar diagnosis.
I'm sorry you have to judge us.
I'm sorry I have to judge you.
I'm sorry you had to hear that swearing.
I'm sorry we don't want to come over.
I'm sorry we had to leave so soon.
I'm sorry we invited you and then uninvited you.
I'm sorry we lied because we knew you would not understand.
I'm sorry she can't sleep over.
I'm sorry I'm not the one with the disorder. 

I am NOT sorry I have the most beautiful, strong, wonderful daughter that will not stop fighting. 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather,
I know what you're going through. I feel your pain, sadness and joy. My stepdaughter has bipolar disorder. Anytime you'd like to talk, just email me.

Karen

hefr said...

Thank you. I did.

Ludog15365 said...

While I would never pretend to "get it", I learned more from this post than anything I've read in quite some time. Thank you for the peek into your soul....

Pete

hefr said...

Thanks for reading, Pete.

Lynne said...

Just keep focusing on the fact that you "have the most beautiful, strong, wonderful daughter that will not stop fighting"...that's what is important..

Yvette said...

WOW, very powerful stuff Heather.

Salzajan said...

I love you so much. You amaze me. So does your daughter.

hefr said...

Thank you all for your comments. As always, they mean a lot.