Mountain Life in Colorado: Nowthen

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Nowthen

I went for a run today up Webster pass.  I made it to the top without getting rained on even though it was threatening all around me.  There were hardly any moterheads up there and it was peaceful and quiet.  Nothing against moter heads. 
I was running down and I got to treeline and there was this guy on an ATV stopped and looking in the bushes by the stream.  I said hello and he said hello and that he was looking for frogs.  I told him there weren't any up here but maybe I'm wrong and he'll see one.  He had on a Green Bay Packers coat so I asked him where he was from in Wisconsin.  He said he lives in MN.  NW of Mpls.  I told him I grew up NW of Mpls and he said he lives in a little town called Nowthen.  He teaches at Champlain High School.  I've never heard of Nowthen so I googled it and it's pretty close to where I grew up.  I'm going to have to take a little drive when I get home next and see Nowthen. 
Small world when you're in the middle of the mountains.  We chatted for a bit and he had a very thick MN accent which I thought was great.  Nice guy.
I told him to have a great day and continued my run.  I'm sure if I would have stayed and chatted longer we would have had some mutual friends. 
Now then, haha.  Such a MN thing to say.  My Mom used to say it all the time.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Did you get his name? That's where my kids went to school, might know who he is...