Mountain Life in Colorado: Victory

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Victory

"We are living in an entirely different country."
"Republicans are a Mad Men party in a Modern Family world."  -Matthew Dowd

WOW!  That's pretty profound. 

Last night our country made history. 

  • Barack Obama became the first president since Franklin Roosevelt to win a second term when unemployment was so high and voters so uneasy about the nation's future.
  • Barack Obama, the first president ever to support equality was re-elected.
  • Colorado's Amendment 64 wins.  Colorado says yes to the regulation of Marijuana, as did Washington.
  • Maine, Maryland and Washington passed marriage equality and Minnesota passed same sex marriage, a vote not to change constitution to define marriage as only between man/woman.
  • Tammy Baldwin became the first openly gay politician, and first Wisconsin woman, elected to the U.S. Senate.
These are just a few things that come to mind. 
Pretty amazing. 

I am having an election hangover taking everything all in.  Last night watching Romney take state after state I have to admit, I was a little worried.  Even though I thought there was no way he would win it did look iffy for a minute.  Then, it all came together very quickly.  And quick is was.  Who would've thunk?  I thought for sure we would see a bit of a wait before a winner was announced.
I'm a happy voter and I am very excited to see what the next 4 years will bring.  I hope the Republicans, Democrats, Independents, Libertarians and everyone who lives in the United States of America can move forward and work together. 
Reading some of the negative comments this morning on Facebook from my Republican friends really annoyed me.  I made a promise to myself that if Romney won I would post a positive comment and not have a negative reaction.  After all, it is life and we can only work to make this the best outcome for everyone. 
Let's move forward people.  It's time to put our differences behind us and work together.
 
I know, easier said then done. 

2 comments:

Joe said...

Spoken like a true politian You go GIRL!!!

hefr said...

Far from it Joe. I just really loved the turnouts this time.