Mountain Life in Colorado: It's a Wonderful Life

Sunday, December 19, 2010

It's a Wonderful Life

Yes, life is good.  I'm out of my funk.  I'm skiing.  I'm working.   We are finally getting busy at the restaurant and it feels good.  The people are here in full force for the holidays so it's a good sign we will be working a bunch.  The skiing was amazing again today and watching my girls ski powder and actually making beautiful turns through that deep snow was so cool to watch.  I'll never forget the day I figured out how to ski deep powder.  I was 20 and it was at The Basin and I remember the feeling of finally getting that rush.  I think Hannah definitely got  that feeling today.  Jordan was getting a little frustrated but that's because she was tired of having us tell her what to do.  She finally just skied away and went off on her own. 
The only downfall about this is that I am not 20 anymore.  It seems hard to believe that for years we would get up and ski most of the day, come home and eat, regroup, shower and go to work, work until midnight or so, sometimes go out after work and party, and get up the next day and do it all over again.  Now, things are a little different.  I'm looking for that nap if I ski and work in the same day.  I go home immediately after work and try to get to sleep so I can be fresh for the next day.  Times have changed and it's a wonder we all survived those times. 
Bedtime.  Another ski day tomorrow. 

2 comments:

Lynne said...

I never did learn how to ski powder...struggled the few times I tried and went back to my "blue" groomed trails:)

hefr said...

Yes Lynne, I had so many frustrating days trying to figure it out.