Mountain Life in Colorado: December 1st

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

December 1st

It's December 1st already.  What happened to November?  In the blink of an eye, it was gone.  Scary.  I would like life to freeze and I don't mean stay at 32 degrees.  My kids are growing up too fast, my days are going by to quickly and I just want it to slow down.   My bucket list is getting longer and I have no idea how I'm going to get it all done.  I did, however, manage to haul all of our Christmas decorations up from the shed in the snow.   I counted that as one of my workouts for the week.  Teller thought we were taking a vacation.  Every bin that I drug through the snow and up the driveway he would get all excited and prance next to me like he was going on some huge vacation with his family.  I'd get the bin up to the house and inside and he'd sit down at the door and stare all confused.  Back to the shed and that gave him hope that, yes, we were going on vacation.  Until I got the bin in the house again.  You see, usually when we go camping or on a road trip we have to get our bags, coolers, etc out of the shed and Teller knows that.  He was obviously thinking that hauling all of my Christmas stuff from there was for his benefit of going on a great road trip.  That dog is really into road trips.  Why, I don't know because he is huge and usually is cramped up in the back seat with the girls, where he insists on riding. 
We now have the dilemma of the Christmas tree.  I am thinking of just a small, table top tree.  That didn't go over so well with the girls.  I refuse to buy one from a lot or the boyscouts because they are so expensive.  Cutting one down is a lot of work but fun.  We'll do that.  We have plenty to choose from right outside in our yard. 
The kids' Christmas keep growing and growing.  Do they realize who their parents are?  Each one wants an ipod, with a screen, in their words.  The ipod shuffle
 @ $45 wasn't good enough.  I say it's plenty.  Do they realize that one ipod is a minimum of $145??   Who has that kind of cash?  They want Internet on their phones.  They are lucky to have phones, period.  One of them, I won't name names, wrote on her list 'a boyfriend'    REALLY? 
Happy December 1st. 

No comments: