Mountain Life in Colorado: Social Networking

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Social Networking

I love facebook.  I have been on fb for around 2 years now and have connected with many high school friends that I am happy to be re-connected with.  However, I do need to be smarter when I am friended and really ask myself if I care whether or not we are fb friends.  The answer will most likely be a big fat NO.  This is what I am speaking of.
A few weeks ago a guy sent me a friend request and I saw that we had many, 15 or so, mutual friends, all from high school.  Sometimes I get a friend request and the same thing has happened that we weren't great friends or I really can't remember that person and it turns out that I am happy we are now fb friends.  So this time, same thing.  I didn't have my yearbook to look up his picture but no biggie.  I figured what the hell.  So I accepted his friend request.  after looking at some of his pictures I still couldn't figure out who the hell this guy was.  Well, he was fine, commenting or posting.  His posts were fairly normal and as I was going through my fb one day he posted something to the effect that his life was shit and he needed to figure it out.  I, for some stupid reason, decided to comment and I wrote, "time to start living the dream."  Big mistake. 
The next day I was checking my fb and he posted something on my wall, in Russian.  Well, I don't speak Russian so I didn't know what it said.  I didn't even know it was Russian.  I thought that it was a spam thing so I ignored the post.  Then, I get a private message from this guy basically chewing me out saying that he now knows I don't answer direct questions,  the message in Russian was asking me if I answered direct questions,  that I was difficult to communicate with in high school and he asked if I was having marital problems because I am spending a lot of time on fb.  He called me passive aggressive, blah, blah, blah.   Well, my go to gal, a great high school friend and still is, was who I went to with all of this weirdness.  I had replied to his message asking him if I had offended him.  Another big mistake.  I should have just let it be and moved on.  Well, he said, in fact, YES, I had offended him by saying he needs to start living the dream.  OH MY GOD!!!!  It was all too weird and I decided to end all communication with him and after sharing all of this with my friend she agreed, end the communication.  So I did but the funny thing is, he had already unfriended me so it was over.  Boo Hoo.  I wanted to be the one to unfriend first (oopsie, there I go being all passive aggresive).  I shouldn't have thought about it for a day and just did the unfriending.
It's all so high school isn't it?  That what is so darn funny about fb.
So, if you get a friend request and you are thinking, "hmmmm.  I wonder who this person is and I wonder if I should just click accept?"  Don't.  I have to admit.  I am still scratching my head over this and rolling my eyes. 
For those who don't know me, I have a huge sense of humor and love to laugh and I am laughing. 
omg, lol, rotflmao, lmfao.   I love fb. 
  

1 comment:

Ludog15365 said...

Send me what he said; I have some Russian co-workers. Let's see if he was being honest....