Mountain Life in Colorado: 5 a.m.... Against the Law.

Friday, November 18, 2011

5 a.m.... Against the Law.

There ought to be a law that states waking up before 7am is illegal.  I know all of you morning weirdos out there think that I'm crazy but if you could see me before 7am you'd vote yes.  This morning I had to wake up at 5:00 so I could get Jordan to swim practice by 6.  Of course, she couldn't wake up so I was stressing about it and we got into a little fight and by the time we drove out of the driveway at 5:30 this morning I knew we'd be late.  Too bad so sad, coach.
 I forgot my purse and didn't even have the decency to put on a bra.  Luckily for the cop who may have had to pull me over for speeding but didn't, I was wearing a huge winter coat that went down to the floor, practically.  I did get my coffee to go though so I wasn't going to cry. 
I got in the car and started driving down the icy, windy mountain road and J was telling me to hurry up.  The road was terrible and I made a mental note to call the road people to have them come up with some sand or I would be in the ditch.  Every corrner I came around I kept thinking this is it.  I'm going to spin out.  I wasn't that stupid.  I was taking it easy much to Jordan's dismay.  She had the stereo cranked up loudly to Glee's CD, I think number 6 or something.  We listen to it over and over and over and over and over and over and over, oh sorry.  I made a mental note to lose that CD for awhile. 
We got to school at 6 exactly and I drove to the wrong door because I'm new at this morning practice thing.  We drove around to the pool door, which naturally, that is where the girls would enter.  Sometime this summer they built a huge curb where there wasn't one and we drove up that curb and J kept saying, "you can't drive over that!".. "MOM, you can't drive over that!!!" 
Watch me.  We were late and by gawd I was pissed off at the new curb.  Jordan made it to swim and I drove home in peace and quiet and took a nap.  I had to get some more shut eye before I went to my 11:00 new windshield appointment and then to Jordan's 3:00 Dentist appointment to have 3 teeth pulled.  It just never ends.  After explaining to the Dentist that Jordan has huge anxiety and I could predict what would happen when we got home I asked her if she could prescribe something to get Jordan to sleep tonight because I knew the outcome of our teeth pulling day.  She and I both decided that vicodin would be to much and Valium stays in the system too long and all in all I really didn't want Jordan on a narcotic with her other meds so I drove to Vitamin Cottage and got some Valerian root and called it good.  It worked and J is resting and after about a half hour of OMG I got her settled down and happy.  Ice cream and Valerian.  It's a good combo. 
So, tomorrow we wake up for one more appointment for a school sport physical and we should be done for a while.
But, I'm happy to say that I no longer have a crack in my windshield from the top to the bottom straight in my view and I have  brand new windshield wipers and he vacuumed out my car for me.  It was exceptionally good customer service which one doesn't see much of any more. 
I may have to pop a couple of natural sleeping pills and call it a night too.

No comments: