Mountain Life in Colorado: Thanksgiving

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving

I never really think about all of the things I'm thankful for.  I take it all too for granted like many of us do but this year I really focused on what I am thankful for and here are some of the things.
  • My husband, Jack.  He is a great guy and puts up with me. 
  • Of course, my kids.  Good, bad, ugly.  It's all part of it and I wouldn't trade it for the world.
  • My health.  Even though I haven't been feeling up to par for a few weeks it's nothing serious and I have only broken one bone, my clavicle, in 48 years and most of those years I've lived a very active life. 
  • My friends.  I love my friends.  I have picked good people to be around.
  • My job.  I am happy to have a job with great benefits.
  • My house.  I love my little cabin in the woods.
  • My pets.   They keep me laughing and I love the fact that I can spoon with my dog, Teller. 
  • My sense of humor.  I love to laugh and I laugh often.
  • My entire family who are spread out all over the U.S. 
  • My car.  I love my car and after driving home in a huge wind/snowstorm last night it sure handles well on snowy roads.  I came upon a large tree that had blown over right onto the road and had to veer quickly around it.  I almost slammed into it.  My car is awesome. 
So many things to be thankful for but these are just a few.  I am thankful for the wonderful life I was given and I am having a great time living it. 

I did boycott Black Friday though and I am thankful for that.  Now, I can take a breather and soon we will focus on Christmas.

No comments: