Mountain Life in Colorado: Merry Christmas Eve

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas Eve

Twas the night before Christmas
 and the restaurant was busy
with tourists aplenty
 eating and drinking until they were dizzy.
Most had a good time
 in the past there are cranks
but tonight was a good crowd
 and for that I say thanks. 
The tips were all good
 which is always a plus
At the end of the night
 there was no need to fuss.
Tomorrow we wake
 do it all over again
I'd rather be with my family
 but working this holiday wasn't that bad in the end. 

Merry Christmas. 

2 comments:

John W. said...

Heatherbabe, seeing a portion of the Brolin clan for the holiday gathering has me missing you and Jack and your girls, but not Teller, I don't think I have spent enough time with Teller to miss him. Saw some choppy images of your gang on the computer, but couldn't hear a thing, which made me miss you even more.
Hope the coming year will treat you better than you believe it could. If it doesn't, just pretend it did anyway. Then tell us what it looks like from where you are standing. It is refreshing to read your view.

hefr said...

We missed you all terribly. I know how much fun it was and my Dad was so happy to be there. I'm sure the jokes were flying. I am looking forward to the new year and the new things it'll bring to our family. We have had a pretty good holiday this year.
Hugs to you and Cyndie.