Mountain Life in Colorado: "Go Out and PLAY!"

Friday, December 30, 2011

"Go Out and PLAY!"

My kids are ready to go back to school.  They are getting anxious and bored being home and trying to find things to do.  Having no neighbors to harass it's always tricky to get them to get off the couch and stop playing wii and get outside.  When they were little they had no problem getting on their play clothes and going out and just playing. 
Now that they are older
1.  They don't "play"
2.  Don't even call it "play" because they will roll their eyes and act like that was the biggest insult you have ever given them.
3.  They don't want to put on "play" clothes.  For some reason, even though nobody will see them in our yard, looking good is priority.
4.  If I tell them to go out and "play" they yell at me and tell me to stop treating them like babies. 
5.  Right now, for instance, Jordan is straightening her hair so she can go outside to sled.
6.  I know longer am the cool Mom. 

I did get them to go outside eventually.  Jordan smelled real pretty too after she put on some perfume. 
She will be the best smelling sledder in our yard. 

No comments: