Mountain Life in Colorado: Just Having Fun

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Just Having Fun

I should have been a stand up comedian.  As  I get older I realize how funny I actually am.  I am the funniest person I know.  I take after my Mom.  She cracked herself up, big time. 
Some would beg to differ.  Like my kids.  And some of my friends.  And my husband, when the joke is on him.  And...
I just finished watching Richard Lewis on The View.  He has always cracked me up.  I remember first seeing him when I was young.  He is the neurotic comedian that made fun of himself.   On The View just now he was rambling on and on and some might say it was inappropriate.  I thought it was funny.  Which is why I am thinking about how funny I am.  I am often very inappropriate and immature and yet it cracks me up.  I get a couple of cocktails in me and look out.  I am funny.  I don't hold back.  I make fun of myself talk about real life situations and make it funny.   I'm sure I offend some with my humor and I don't mean to.  It's just who I am and how I am.  So, get over it and lighten up.  I'll never make fun of anyone except myself.  OK, maybe Jack but he knows I'm kidding.  Plus, Jack is part of my act.  He's my husband and he's fair game.   We said it in our vows.  Plus, he's an excellent target.  Thankfully, he puts up with it and never complains.  He's a good sport. 

Life is funny.  Yuk it up a little. 

No comments: