Mountain Life in Colorado: Disconnected

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Disconnected

I'm feeling very disconnected lately.  Especially from my husband.  We can't seem to have a conversation without an argument and we are not at all on the same page.  Not a good feeling since things were going so well for us over the summer.  We even talked about it on our many walks on the beach.  We promised when we returned to our lives in the mountains we would not be disconnected.  Well, we both broke our promise and it feels terrible.  The stress of our everyday lives have just took over and now we need to figure out how to live in peace and harmony.  It'll happen.  We always seem to tough out the hiccups in our marriage.  I guess that's why we have been together for 25 years. 
I'm also feeling disconnected from the situation at home in MN.  It's not easy being almost 1000 miles from them.  I can't help and I can't stand not helping.  My Dad is home and my brothers are rotating staying with him, which I am so thankful for.  I have great brothers who care.  Thanks guys. 
I'm not connected with my bff's either.  I haven't skied with them for a long time and I really need to get out and have some good laughs with my friends, skiing. 
So, with that all said it's time to juice something and get over feeling disconnected and make some phone calls to my bff's and tell my husband I love him. 

6 comments:

Joe said...

The Juicer saves the day!!!

Cath said...

Hef, I just loves ya. I hope you got some peace with Jack today and that you realize we all have our days and our weeks with those husband-types. And we absolutely do need to go skiing.

ALso, the waiter blog from your list needs to be my daily belly laugh from this day forward. Holy moly he is funny.

hefr said...

Joe, can't wait to juice you something when you visit.

Cath, I was driving to work to day thinking,"It was so great having that night w/ friends and if any of them read this I'll be in trouble for saying I'm not connected." Sooooo, that said, I'm glad you got it with the skiing connection. We need to get on the hill.
P.S. I skiid our favorite line last week. Jordan followed me in it and I was giggling thinking of you.
Thanks for being a bff.

Joe said...

Never had a problem getting juiced there without the machine!!!! Was wondering if I should still come?Don't want to get in the way! So happy to here you are still up for it! If you can moape around for another week or two and maybe put on a few so I have a fighting Chance to keep up!!!

hefr said...

Yes Joe, you should come. The skiing is great and my list here at the house is growing. And, I'm actually dropping a few since I've been juicing. So, get ready to get your butt kicked on the slopes.

Joe said...

Okay Little Miss I'm really not competative at all!! Do I need to bring any special tools?