Mountain Life in Colorado: Which homeschool curriculum if any.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Which homeschool curriculum if any.

I'm looking into changing up our homeschool curriculum. I've been pretty impressed with Colorado Virtual Acadamy so far but I find that it's getting a little overwhelming.  There are many things we are required to do that I feel aren't all that important for Jordan.  Mainly I'm thinking when we leave for Costa Rica and if we decide to relocate for awhile It's a lot of material to haul with us.
 We also have to send back everything and I'm not sure that is going to be an easy task once we are in CR.    They have so many books and I would prefer to not have book after book after book with each subject and teacher guides and student guides.  There are 6 books just with History.  You get the picture.  It's a lot of material which I think could be consolidated.  I've seen other programs that have much less stuff and instructions are very clear and all is just in one binder.  We received boxes and boxes when we enrolled with COVA.  However, COVA is a free program if you are a resident and that is a bonus.  I've also been thinking about not doing any particular curriculum.  Should I take the unschool approach?  What is that anyway?  I'm learning. So much to think about.

No comments: