Mountain Life in Colorado: Peaceful time

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Peaceful time

I am not a morning person.  However, when I get up early, say 6:30 I love it once I've figured out where I am and why I'm up.  I love the house being so quiet after Jack and Hannah leave for basketball practice.  I love the coziness of my fire and being under a blanket.  I love drinking my hot, steaming coffee.  I love my pets obviously just as content as I am with the quiet house.  I love watching it snow and the color of the mountains as the sun is waking up slowly like me.  I love that Jordan can sleep in.  In another 30 minutes or so she'll get up and after she has breakfast we'll start school.  I can forget for a little while now, in the morning when I am enjoying my time that I am an 8th grade teacher and a mom and a wife.  Not necessarily in that order.  Right now, I love my peaceful time.

No comments: