Mountain Life in Colorado: Your highest friend

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Your highest friend

    I need to send Oprah an email letting her know that I am probably one of her highest fans.  Living at 10,600 feet above sea level that is.  I'd love to have her visit my home, in the middle of the woods, in the mountains for a glass of wine.  When people come to visit they can't believe how out of breath they are, they can't believe how thirsty they are, the headache they have does not go away, they are sometimes sick, which is not good.  Time to get to lower elevation when that happens.  There is snow through May.  We have had a foot of snow on the Fourth of July and in August.  Not often does it snow in July or August but it has been known to snow in summer.  Living at such a high elevation has eleminated mother-in-laws (sometimes a good thing) and some other not so hearty visitors.  Some people can handle the elevation.  I'd like to see how Oprah would do.  I think she'd love it.

No comments: