Mountain Life in Colorado: Powder

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Powder

     We've had snow and lots of it.  Not here in Summit County but, Vail, Beaver Creek and surrounding areas.  Jack got all of it yesterday.  He said it was the best day he's EVER had at Beaver Creek.  That is saying something.  Considering, 2 years ago I went over there with him and Eddie and we were skiing overhead powder.  No kidding.  I couldn't breath skiing down the run.  Apparently, yesterday was better.
     Today, Joe and DB, friends who are here visiting from MN, drove over to Vail to ski and said the same.  Damn.  I missed it again.  This is just not my year for skiing powder.  Tomorrow and Friday I am taking the day off from homeschooling.  I am skiing.  Bad teacher, bad mom.  I don't really believe that or I wouldn't be doing it.  My mental health is just as important.  Jordan has worked very hard this week and we have made some serious head ways with school.  She is talking about going back to public school next year.  Not sure yet if we will go that way or not and she is not sure either.  We sure have a lot to ponder in Costa Rica this summer. 
     We have a couple coming out the first week of May to look at our house to possibly rent it for 2 months this summer.  I hope it works for all of us.  We are kind of stressing about it.  We purchase our tickets this week.  Yikes.  Can't wait.

No comments: