Mountain Life in Colorado: The skiing is good, so I'm told

Monday, April 26, 2010

The skiing is good, so I'm told

Things are being moved out on the deck.  It looks like snow Wed, Thurs, and Friday.  We'll have to throw a tarp over the furniture.  I'm thinking we made the right decision to have the carpet moved back for installation on Monday instead of this Thursday.  Monday it's suppose to get up to 50 and partly sunny.  No snow in the forecast. 
     I'm done skiing.  I tweaked my knee a couple of weeks ago at the Basin and I felt something just not right as I was skiing lower Standard.  I knew it right away and it didn't hurt but it was uncomfortable.  Now, I'm feeling it and it's not feeling right.  I've got a Dr. appt next week and will have it looked at.  But for now, I'm staying off of it.  And the skiing is amazing.  Jack keeps coming back from the backcountry skiing powder and this is the time of year to go get it.  I can't let myself take the chance of doing serious damage to my knee so I'm babying it big time.  I keep thinking I'll get a few good bike rides in before we leave but with the weather so icky and my time is limited with homeschooling it's hard to fit it all in.  Maybe this weekend.  I am feeling old and sluggish.  I haven't been so non-active in years.  And it shows.  I need to get in shape and get on a program.  I keep thinking once I get to Costa Rica I'll be swimming in the ocean, surfing, running/walking on the beach.  Hopefully the knee thing goes away.  I'm getting anxious.  I don't like being anxious.  I'm not the stressed out type and right now I am.  Wah, wah, wah, wah.  Whine, whine, whine. 
     Speaking of wine, time to replenish.

No comments: