Mountain Life in Colorado: Spring Break

Monday, April 12, 2010

Spring Break

     We purchased our tickets to Costa Rica  and got a great price.  Surprise to me since I wasn't expecting to get such a good price for non-stop.  I was getting a bit nervous not having tickets and when I logged on and started checking stuff out it all came together.  That's a great feeling.  Now I can rest easy knowing we have our plane tickets.  I've been following blogs written from ex-pats who've moved there and are doing what we want to do.  One of the blogs I follow is hilarious.  It's called "A Broad in Costa Rica" and I just read today that she is in intensive care in San Jose for a serious bout of pneumonia.  My prayers go out to her and her family.  It's kind of interesting when you follow a blog.  You feel a part of you knows them somehow when actually you have know idea of what they are like.  I just crack up at her writing though and she has had some great posts.  I hope she gets well soon.  I know her family must be awfully stressed with her being so sick.  My heart goes out to them. 
     I was suppose to work tonight and we were busy enough for 2 people but not 4.  4 of us were scheduled and I was one that wanted to leave.  I can't believe I phased because the $$ was probably pretty good but I am in vacation mode.  We want to camp this week since it's spring break but now, after watching the weather it does not look so good.  Bummer because we are needing some warm air and bike riding.  Wednesday is looking very nice so I think we're just going to drive over to Glenwood Springs and sit in the hot springs for the day.  Always a beautiful way to spend a warm day.  The sulfur springs there are so amazing and so uplifting.  I love going there and so do the girls.  So, that's plan B for now.  Maybe Denver later in the week.  We still need a few things for Costa Rica.  Denver is the place to go for them.  Camera, Camcorder, one more carry-on bag, head lamps.  Stuff like that.  I've shopped up here but EVERYTHING is out of stock.  So frustrating. 
     Snow again tomorrow.  It's super windy right now and the temps are dropping and a storm is brewing.  They are calling for snow tomorrow.   We'll see how much we get.  If it is icky here chances are Denver will be nice.  Who knows.  Maybe it'll be a powder day.  I'm still regretting not skiing the fresh powder last week.  Everyone is still talking about it.  Damn!
  
    

No comments: