Mountain Life in Colorado: Whew! Home improvements.

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Whew! Home improvements.


     Costa Rica, Costa Rica, Costa Rica.  That is all I want right now.  We are getting snow and more snow and it is spring.  Every spring I get cranky.  Very cranky.  I don't want anymore snow and I just can't stand the storms that come through this time of year.  I know I don't have a right to complain and we are leaving soon but we always have so much going on this time of year and especially now we do not want this weather.  Blah. 
     Jack and I and the kids are working on getting our house fixed up for the summer.  We are so psyched to get the carpet installed, hand-me-down wood laminate floor put in, in front of the pellet stove, and we hung a new light above the kitchen table today.  The old light was icky and didn't even hang over the table.  It hung in the middle of nowhere.  It's great to see a small improvement but huge to us.  We are ripping our carpet out and it's gross.  Wish we could do wood floors but we just can't.  Someday maybe.  Now let's hope the people that are coming to look at the house rent it.  If not, we'll come home to an updated home and updates that I'm sure we will have forgotten about. 
     I must say, it is nice not to have to think about work.  We are closed and part-time or not, it feels good knowing I don't have to go in.  To bad I'm spending money now that I don't have any coming in. 
     Well, let's just hope next week we get some sun.  The furniture is going outside and carpet is coming.  Maybe a bike ride around Lake Dillon will be in my near future.  Fingers crossed. 

No comments: