Mountain Life in Colorado: Feeling the stress

Friday, April 23, 2010

Feeling the stress

     I got my computer back today.  My laptop has been on the fritz.  I usually can figure out those things by myself but I had to call an expert this time.  He originally thought my hard drive was failing and that is not the case.  Lucky me I don't need to get a new computer.  I was sweating it out for a couple of days there especially since we leave for Costa Rica in 6 weeks and I really need my computer while we are there. 
     We have decided to put in new carpet in our house.  The carpet is trashed and the couple who are coming to look at our house from Ithaca, NY, in 2 weeks, did not need to see that disgusting carpet.,  Our house is great.  The views are to die for, the river is in the huge back yard and there is an awesome fire pit.  Everything about the location is perfect if you want to get away.  The house is a little worn and carpet will do wonders.  Now, the weather is here in full force and it has snowed at least a foot since this afternoon and we are suppose to have nothing but snow for the next week.  We are suppose to get carpet on Thursday and Jack and I are to rip it out ourselves.  We also have nowhere else, but the deck, to put the furniture.   We are feeling the stress.  Hopefully, the couple will love what they see and even if we don't have everything the way I want it they will see the peacefulness of this place and look beyond the stuff I still haven't gotten to yet.  So much to do, so little time.  I need an army.  I can't believe people house swap.  I've always thought I'd like to do that.  Especially knowing you really don't need to pack up the entire house as we are doing.  To bad we can't redo all of our floors.  Jack refuses and I can't fight that battle.  After all, it's him that does all the work.  Not me.  So I'll just zip it for now. 
     Possibly a ski day tomorrow.  We're suppose to drive to Denver for Hannah's eye appointment but I can't see that happening with all the snow we're suppose to get tonight.  The front range is even nasty.  So, if that's the case, we'll ski.  Maybe now I'll get my powder day.

No comments: