Mountain Life in Colorado: Never Mind

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Never Mind

Well, the meet today didn't happen.  We did get up early so I could have Jordan there by 8:15 and she looked terrible.  Huge dark circles under her eyes, pale and just plain sick looking.  I dropped her off and went and got a cup of Joe and came back.  I settled myself on the bleachers for the day and she got out of the pool and I could tell right away something was wrong.  She was sick.  Her little body was shutting down and she couldn't keep it together. 
The coach and I decided that she wasn't able to swim and there was no way.  I took her home where she promptly got into her comfy pj's and feel asleep on the couch.  There she still is, snoozing away looking super pale. 
I hate it when my kids are sick.  There is nothing I can do for them but let it ride the course.  Which this will do.  She's been through a lot this week. 
Yuck. 
So, never mind all that about me being mama of the week.  I should've talked her into not staying up all night and next year she has already told me she won't.  Some bodies just can't deal with that.  Mine certainly can't. 
Another learning process. 

No comments: