Mountain Life in Colorado: Mama of the Week

Friday, January 20, 2012

Mama of the Week

That's me!
Mama of the Week!  YessireeBob.  I feel like I did well.  I'm finally learning how to do this Mom thang, 15 years later. 
Jordan called once more last night, totally in a panic and wanting to come home.  She didn't have her science, math and another binder she needed for school.  She also needed a glue gun and some wood.  I told her I would come get her and we'll call the whole thing off and she could come home and sleep in her own bed and it'll all be fine.  Well, I packed up the glue gun, a few pieces of different size wood from the garage, her slippers, and all of her school binders.  I drove 25 minutes to where she was and when I got there she was happy to see me and I brought all of the stuff in the house and asked if she wanted to go home with me and to my surprise, she did not.  She did give me a great, big, giant hug. 
I drove off worried about her decision and thought "good, she'll be happy she was a part of it all"
I picked her up from the bus at 3:30 this afternoon and she looked like she has been up all night.  Which she was. 
They were taken from their warm beds at 2:00 am and never stopped doing stuff all night.  They sang at 7-11, played at a park, went to fast food places and did stupid stuff.  They had a ball.  They ended up at the team captains house for breakfast and luckily swim practice was cancelled because the coaches took pity on them and they were all in school on time.  Jordan was so happy to be a part of it all and she held on the entire night.  Granted, she was asleep by 6 tonight. 
Tomorrow, we get her to the pool by 8am for a swim meet. 
I can't wait to hear from the other's how it went. 
I'm so glad I didn't make her come home with me.  Although, part of her wishes she would have gotten a good nights sleep.  That, she did tell me. 

No comments: