Mountain Life in Colorado: I miss my Mom

Friday, March 5, 2010

I miss my Mom

Today is the 2nd year anniversary of my Mom's death.  I am doing surprisingly well considering I have cried more in the past 2 years than I have all of my life.  I miss her something fierce.  Losing her has changed my life.  Monday I started the countdown meaning on Monday I would say, "2 years ago today I was in the airport waiting for a plane to take me to my Mom in the hospital.  Tuesday;  2 years ago today I heard my mom say her last words to me.  They were 'good buy'.  Wednesday; 2 years ago today we put my Mom in palliative care in the hospital.  2 years ago today I held my Mom's hand and put lotion on them.  Thursday; 2 years ago today I kissed her on the cheek and cuddled with her on her hospital bed.  Today; 2 years ago today my Mom's eyes fluttered open and then she died.  Right there, in that cozy room at the hospital with her family surrounding her.   My Mom was my best friend, my lifeline to my family members I don't alway's keep in touch with, my rock, my soulmate, my mentor, my everything.  I miss her and I still can hear her laugh and smell her smell and I just love that she was my Mom.

No comments: