Mountain Life in Colorado: Fine Dining

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Fine Dining

In this tough economy I am always amazed at how much money people are spending on going out for dinner.  Last night at work I waited on a young couple, he was celebrating his 40th birthday.  Their bill came to OVER $400 for just the two of them.  They ordered a nice bottle of Champagne and an expensive bottle of wine.  How do people afford such luxuries?  You could tell that it was nothing to them to spend that kind of money on a night on the town.  They were classy, nice and knew how to do it up right.  I'd love to do that one day.  I never will.  $400 is a good start to a nice mountain bike or a new pair of skis.  Not food and wine in my book.  But hey, that's why I'm a waitress in a fine dining restaurant.  The tips pay for my toys.

No comments: