Mountain Life in Colorado: Playing Catch Up

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Playing Catch Up

I am playing some serious catch-up with life.  A week ago today I went to New Orleans.  I flew down with my cousin, Patty and we met my Dad and brother who took the train down from Mpls.  We stayed at my Aunts in Metairie.  Another cousin, Cyndie, lives there also.  We had some fun.  New Orleans is great ,however, I really needed to get home and become a person again.  My family can party.  I can't.  I think I can but really, I can't.  End of story.  Now I'm playing catch up with Jordan and school and we are behind.  I'm getting a little stressed because she is just now finishing up her 1st semester in history and we should have been finished a month ago.  Oops.  Would that be a fail on my part?  Yes.  I'll take the blame.  However, she is so hard to teach because she absolutely will not work independently and I don't know how to get her to do so.  Everything our tutor has told us has been helpful but she even agrees, Jordan is a tough one for independent work.  She's just not getting it.  Argh!


My health is better than I thought after my cardio abs class today.  Fortunately, I didn't do to much damage to myself in New Orleans because I had such a great workout and didn't die like I thought I would.  I also dropped 5 pounds which is wonderful.  I'm trying.  I feel great and if I can just keep this exercise routine up for the duration of the winter I'm good to go. 

We're suppose to get slammed with snow tonight but if the weather is like it has been all winter it'll pass by us and Denver will get all the snow.  I'm ready for spring.  Now, if we could just rent our house and condo out by the time we leave for Costa Rica for the summer I would be happy.  It's stressing my out that we can't even get the condo rented.  It is an awful time of year to try to rent it out.  Ski season is almost over and people are just not coming here this time of year to live.  So, I can't think about it right now.  I've got and 8th grader to teach.

No comments: