Mountain Life in Colorado: Day Off

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day Off

After 8 days of  going in to work, today is a day off.  I have decided not to answer my phone if it rings at 4:00 for fear that it will be work calling me in for a shift.  I would go in because the money is too hard to pass up as are the hours.  I need the hours.  I still am biting my nails about my insurance because I missed a week of work and didn't have any PTO hours to make up for it.  If I don't maintain a 32 hour work week they boot you out of the insurance system and you lose.  I've been working with my manager on this and she is reassuring me that "hopefully" the paperwork went through.  Reassure and hopefully in the same sentence don't bide well with me.   If I do get booted out of the insurance system and they drop my plan I have to wait 6 or 8 weeks, or something like, that before I can get it back.  So now I wait and see.  Argh! 

So here I sit in my cozy house looking out at yet another cold and cloudy day, snow on and off, fire going in the stove and I'm too tired to put it together to go skiing.  I really, really need the exercise and I know it would give me the kick start I so desperately want.  January is a tough month.  It's generally the coldest.  This January is no exception.  Our cat, who only uses the great outdoors to relieve himself, is really hating this cold.  He refuses to use the litter box inside so he quickly gets his business done, usually right on the deck out our front door, and comes back inside.  It's quite funny to watch him fuss with his paws when he steps out.  He is not happy about it.

Thursday is usually my yoga morning.  Tuesday and Thursday.  I am cutting back on spending so my yoga class was one of the first indulgences to go.  I gave this some serious thought since I know I am the one who I should be taking care of first but it is costing money and I can and should do it at home now that I know what I am doing, somewhat.  I do love my yoga instructor and will be missing her.  So, wii yoga here I come.  I am interested in a wii workout.  If anyone has a good suggestion for that let me know.  I'm new to wii and I am wanting to get a good workout video. 

I will be attending parent/teacher conferences tonight.  School is halfway through the year.  It's going fast. 

Another cup of coffee is calling my name.  I love my Costa Rica coffee maker.  It makes the perfect cup of Joe.  Maybe I'll rally and go skiing.  Nah.  I'm not going to let my laziness get me down.  Curling up in my blanket is awfully nice too. 
 

No comments: