Mountain Life in Colorado: Happy New Year

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year

I rang in the new year at work.  I was happy to be making money and it was a good night for making money.  By the time I got home it was 2 am.  I was pretty tired but at the same time wired so I started watching TV for a bit and then went to bed and read my book.  Finally, I turned the lights out at 3 and slept in.  We had the coldest morning we've had so far this winter but we still rallied to go skiing.  It hadn't warmed up much by noon when we got out there.  It was one of those, ski 2 or 3 runs and go in because you are freezing.  The kids were nearly crying from their feet thawing out which I remember so vividly from my childhood and ice skating.  Painful. 
We came home and cranked up the stoves and I had just poured myself a glass of wine and the phone rang.  It was my manager from work and she asked me if I could work because they had picked up so much.  Sure, I was happy to go in and make some money.  So, I hurried up and got ready for work and 15 minutes later I was out the door.  Our T-bones, which I had thawed out, would have to wait.  And my wine. 
It was yet another busy night and now it's 12:15am and I am home wired from the night.  It's 15 below zero out and tomorrow, hopefully, will warm up some.  Most of the tourists will leave so I can get to the grocery store and stock my fridge.  It's been so crazy that I just haven't been able to get to the store, bank, etc. 
Let's hope we get some warmer weather.  I love that this holiday season is ending.  It's time to get those kids back to school and get some things done around here.  This 2 week school break feels like it's been a month.  Being in MN for a week adds to that.  Monday will be a good day for me. 
Happy New Year.  Let's see what new adventures our family will have in 2011.   

No comments: