Mountain Life in Colorado: The Heat We Are Not Experiencing

Friday, July 29, 2011

The Heat We Are Not Experiencing



Everyone is complaining about the heat.  Everyone but us.  I'm actually curled up in a blanket every morning and night and the other day I had to turn the heat on in my kitchen.  Most everyone who comes into the restaurant is from Texas or Arkansas or Arizona or somewhere where it is 110 degrees.  It's the same story for everyone.  You just can't do anything in that heat. 
Last night as I was driving home from work, with my heat on, there was frost on the bushes on the side of the road.  I couldn't believe it.  But, with the rain we have been having it's no wonder.  It gets chilly here at night and it's coming.  It meaning WINTER.  I hate to say it but as fast as June and July went, I don't want to think about it.  I could use some stinking, sweating, sweltering hotness. 
I'm sorry for all of the people who are experiencing the awful heat.  I'm not sure I can do that for an extended period of time.  Costa Rica was hot last summer but never 100 degrees hot.  And we lived near the ocean.  We were in the water for 3 months straight.  Heaven. 
So, those of you who are trying to beat the heat, come to the mountains for a week or move to Costa Rica and live by the ocean.

No comments: