Mountain Life in Colorado: July 1st, 2011

Friday, July 1, 2011

July 1st, 2011

It's hard to believe that it's already July.  It's the best month up here.  The peaks still are covered with snow but my yard is completely melted with the exception of a few piles of snow in the shady areas.  It's been in the 70's with an occasional 80 degree day.  The weather couldn't be more perfect.  I love summer. 
Here are some highlights already.

Jordan turned 15.
Survived a day taking 5 teenage girls to Glenwood Springs for a day at the pool then back here for a sleepover. 
Nana came for a visit.
Got our house stained and the trim painted.
After 9 years not having a washing machine in my house I finally have one.  Thanks Jack.
After 4 years of not being able to clean my oven or cook a turkey because the thing overheats and locks up, it's fixed.  I cleaned my oven yesterday for the first time in 4 years.  Thanks Jack.
Scooby, Greg's puppy (he's our renter), is growing and finally Teller and him are buddies.  It took awhile for Teller to tolerate him.
Hannah rode Blaire Witch. 
Rode the alpine slide in Breckenridge.  So fun.
Started working out to P90X. 
Made $260 at my garage sale and my shed has never been so empty.  But, I'll never do it again.  I'm not the garage sale type.  I love to go to them but not have them.
Got my Petunias planted.
Washed the windows.
Purged the clothes I haven't worn in over a year. 
Put away the ski clothes.  Why I do that I don't know.  We'll be skiing again in no time. 

These may not seem like highlights to you but they are in my life and it's only July 1. 

Happy July 1st.   

No comments: