Mountain Life in Colorado: So Much to Learn So Little Time

Saturday, July 9, 2011

So Much to Learn So Little Time

I can't get enough.  Everyday, it seems, something I see or watch on TV or hear in conversation is something I need to know more about.   I wish I were this way back when I was going to school.  The drive to know would have been a good thing for my grades in high school.  And, that day in college??  That was the best day of my life (ha) but I sure didn't apply myself to those books. 
Anywho, I love learning and the convenience of the computer has made my life so much easier to get information. 
Take, for instance, extreme couponing.  I watched the show because I decided I was going to save on our groceries and if I learned how to coupon effectively I could get everything I buy at the store for free.  Such a deal.  The show was extreme, hence the name.  Those people are crazy and eat like crap and have a hoarding issue.  Besides the point though.  I still wanted to save and decided to go to all of the coupon websites that looked reputable and get coupons at the click of a key.  Well, I am saving but my goal of getting my groceries for free is never going to happen.  However, I learned that I can download my coupons directly onto my value card.  Convenience?  You bet.  I love that. 



I look around my house and wonder how I can fix this or change that or better the other.  All I have to do is type it in and there are a gazillion you tube videos on it and more.  I am going to reupholster my wing back chairs, one day.  The herb garden I started in my pots, not doing well but well enough.  I'll google why they are suffering.  My guess is the altitude.  What essential oils will get rid of the critters eating my poppy's?  I looked that up and now my poppy's are almost ready to bloom. 
I woke up this morning with the goal of learning to play "Train, Train" on my harmonica.  I will you tube myself when I do.  But first, I have some coupons that are going to expire and I need to get them used up. 

1 comment:

Joe said...

Boy sounds like I am almost extinct Dam Google!!