Mountain Life in Colorado: Miles

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Miles

I'm going to track my miles for this week.  A day in the life of Mountain Life in Colorado.  Having the girls take the bus to and from middle school has helped but not as much as I thought.  I still rack up those miles.  I'm guessing I put on about 400-500 miles/week running around.  For instance, yesterday I picked up the girls at their bus stop and drove home, which is about 8 to 10 miles from my house.  But first, I ran down to City Market for some food.  We got home, had some food and left again at 5:30.  I drove to the High School, aprox 15 miles one way, dropped Jordan off at swim team, drove Hannah over to confirmation, maybe 10 miles from high school to church, drove back to Frisco to have a glass of wine with a friend (priorities), drove back to pick Hannah up.  Meanwhile, Jordan got a ride to the front of Summit Cove and I met her there.  All in all I drove aprox 70 miles.  Guessing.
This will be good for me to see.  I'll set my odometer in the morning and start tracking. 
That said, I need new tires, a new windshield and I'll be set.  I'm looking at $550 for the windshield and $200/tire.  OUCH! 
We did see a moose on the way home the other night.  I didn't have my camera with me but I did take pictures from the phone.  I'll post them when I figure out how to get them off of my phone.  He/she was fairly large and not afraid of us.  We were pretty close to it and it just stood there chomping on grass staring back.  I'm still humming the theme song from "Northern Exposure". 
 

1 comment:

Pete said...

Ask Joe to send you the picture of his buddy Elk hunting....