Mountain Life in Colorado: Proud and Rolling in it.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Proud and Rolling in it.

Jack and I are proud parents tonight. It was parent teacher conferences and our girls ROCK!! Good grades, good attitudes, and good kids. Plus, I ran into a parent who gave me an incredible compliment about Jordan and how she behaved on the mission trip she attended a few weeks ago. According to the parent, Jordan was awesome on that trip. Of course, I don't give J the benefit of the doubt and when I hear there was some drama that she may have been involved in I just automatically lecture her on how she could have done better. This time, I was wrong. That is all I have to say. That parent quickly corrected me when I told her I had heard Jordan was up to shenanigans. I do believe my 14 year old is maturing and making some better choices every day. Don't get me wrong. I'm not letting my guard down on her but when I receive the compliments like we did tonight, I am thinking we are doing something right. And so much of this is because Jordan is doing many things right.
Sorry, enough gushing.
I love my daughters and I am so proud of them.

2 comments:

Lynne said...

That is awesome Heather! Isn't it a nice feeling to know that our kids "get it" everyonce in a while and they are listening! When other adults express positive things about our kids its always nice confirmation that we are doing a good job...and a bit of Thank you God!! Lol.

hefr said...

Thanks Lynne. I have learned so much in the past few months about my kids. I need to back off and let them grow.