Mountain Life in Colorado: A Cooking Day

Friday, October 22, 2010

A Cooking Day










Mountain weather at my house all day has been snow. Light snow but snow, at least. It felt like winter too. Buster, my cat, only went out once. Teller has been laying on his bed all day. Usually he doesn't lay on his bed up in the living room until after he's eaten his dinner. He has himself on a very distinct schedule. He rarely changes it up. It's also a full moon so he could be a little out of sorts because of it.

I've had this day free of kids. Even though they had no school today they have been at the Swan Center, volunteering. I brought them to get their haircuts at 10 this morning. After Hannah was done, she walked out front and I looked at her. She has the most beautiful hair and her cut was absolutely gorgeous. Our stylist, or as my mom called it, our beautician at the beauty shop, did a fabulous job. She styled Hannah's hair which only gets done at the beauty shop. I'm not the fashion mom and am not capable of stuff like that. To bad for them. Anywho, Hannah's hair was to die for. As we were walking out of the place Hannah says to me, "I look like a grown woman now." The guy waiting to get his hair cut busts out laughing and said he needed to write that one down. That's Hannah. Jordan didn't get her hair styled so it was wet when we left. Her choice. She should have gotten it styled because it is a good feeling to look all "styled" once in a while.

After the beauty shop the girls rode out to do work at the Swan Center with some friends. I came home and cooked all day. I made homemade salsa, soup in the crock pot, marinade for pork chops. I am now enjoying a Costa Rica cocktail. Unfortunately, I don't have Imperial so I am drinking this with PBR. Salt the rim of your glass, squeeze a lime in the glass, add some ice, add beer. It was so delish in Costa Rica. The snow is making this excellent beach drink a total buzz kill. However, I will force myself to consume it.
Friends are coming up for the fruits of my labor this evening. OK. that's a bit overkill since I'm popping a pizza in the oven for the girls but us adults will be enjoying my soup.
Time for another beach cocktail. I will look at pictures of the beach while I am drinking the next one.

No comments: