Mountain Life in Colorado: 2 weeks left

Thursday, August 5, 2010

2 weeks left






It's HUMID!!!!!
Even the dogs are feeling it. Living in Colorado for 25 years has made me such a pansy with the humidity.
We are on the 2 week countdown as of today. Jack and I are sad and the girls can't wait to get home. I am extremely excited, however, to see Teller and Buster. We have missed them so much. I'm glad we have pictures of them on the computer because we look at them almost every day. It's nice to have so many dogs here for us to spoil with affection. The Costa Rican dogs are sweet. Most are small and they usually aren't striving for attention. When you do get to give them a good rub on the belly or behind the ears they remember you and come back for more. I love the dogs here. Teller would have been miserable. After being here all summer, it would have been to hot for him and since he hates the water there would have been no reprieve from the heat. He's also not a very sociable dog and barks at strangers which people don't usually see from the local dogs here. We've only been chased by a few and they are usually just looking for a good time. Teller would have been confused and stressed and just not a happy guy here. I'm glad he's home where he is with his brother.
We're trying to wrap up our last couple of days here. I say we get a shuttle to a hotel by the airport and do a day tour of something cool. The homeowners get back a couple of days before we fly out and I think it would be best to get out of their house and let them get back to their life without us there. They seem to be pretty used to not having people around and I don't want our last couple of days here to be stressful in any way. Wilson, our driver from when we first arrived is available to pick us up and take us back. I think that would be our best route. Time to figure that out today. I don't want to wait until the last minute.
Here are some more pictures. I've taken almost 1000 of them this summer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, your trip has determined how much summer i really have left so, you must not come back for a bit longer so I can extend out my world of summer. I can't tell you how much I hate winter in MN.

It feels like you 4 just got there!!!!! You certainly have not wasted a minute of your time. Time moves so fast now.

Jan

hefr said...

I KNOW!!!!! I am so sad. It flew by.

Unknown said...

You said, "we" miss Buster. Are you sure Jack really misses Buster??