Mountain Life in Colorado: Purging

Monday, August 9, 2010

Purging


I've donated all of the books we've read and the clothes we have decided not to take back with us. It filled up 5 grocery bags full. The gal who works at the store down the road had been so nice to us and always gives the girls little candies or some kind of treat when we go there. We usually get milk, eggs, coffee, bread. Just the essentials. She's sweet and likes to learn English words. She'll ask me what a word is and I'll ask her. We communicate as best we can. She is always singing along to the radio and is so cute. I decided to give the items to her since I like her. I figured she could pass them on or keep whatever she needed. Or sell them. It lightened up my load. I also purchased a few dozen pencils and have given them away to students. I have to go through our things one last time and my give away pile is slowly getting larger. I won't take any of the flip flops home. Things like that are hard to come by here and they don't last long. Hopefully someone will get some use out of them. Another reason to shop at thrift stores for us. I don't feel compelled to hang onto the clothes I have purchased. Sometimes I get this greedy feeling that if I have spent a bunch on something I need to keep it and get my money's worth. Now, my Chaco's. I keep.
I'm bringing home coffee. I'm going to miss the coffee.

No comments: