Mountain Life in Colorado: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Pura Vida

Friday, August 6, 2010

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Pura Vida




Holy Ear Ache!!! I am feeling so much better. We had rain all day today and despite it, I felt like getting some ocean exercise. When the rain let up I asked the family if they wanted to go to the beach and do some swimming. Hannah was up for it so we walked, with the boogie board, to the beach. The tide was high and the waves were typical for high tide. Disorganized. It's fun when it's like that so we charged in the water and swam our little hearts out. I didn't go under unless I plugged my ears. We had soooooooo much fun. There were 2 other little kids in the water, from Texas, but they were on the inside more and we felt like we had the whole ocean to ourselves. It was raining and cool and we laughed and laughed. It felt so great to get in the ocean and just be there in it. I don't know what it was. Probably the fact that I felt so much better and when you don't feel well, for me, once I feel better, I am a new person. I need to get a move on it.
We got back to the house after walking in the rain and had a nice swim in the pool until Hannah saw a crab and got freaked. We got out because it was raining so hard. By then it was cocktail hour. Somewhere, at least. We had a fun game of pool and built card houses and played foosball. Good, quality family time. I haven't even dove into the family time and bonding we have had here. We are a very tight knit family anyway, but here, WOE! No choice. And every minute, almost, has been wonderful.
The rain never let up. Jack and I are now pleasantly happy, after a few cocktails and we got bored and hopped on our bikes and decided to come to the Mauna Loa for a beer and internet. It's all Pura Vida.
Pura Vida, Pura Vida, Pura Vida!!!
Damn, I'm gonna miss this.

4 comments:

jan said...

pura vida = what in english??

Salzajan said...

well hef, u inspired me to attempt my own blog. So... if you get bored, come check it out: http://inchingintothegoodlife.blogspot.com/

hefr said...

Good on you for starting your own blog Jan. It's pretty fun. Seeing the hits I've received from around the world are amazing.

Unknown said...

Gosh, these digs are WAY better than your first digs!!! Pura Vida is right. You all are so used to going around on your bikes I can see how you'll miss it.