Mountain Life in Colorado: Sunset

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Sunset

Jack and I saw our first real sunset last night. Being rainy season, there are always clouds on the horizon so the sunsets here haven't been the kind you can see the green flash on. Jack asked if I wanted to go to the beach and take a walk. I was up for it so we hopped on our bikes and parked at Lola's and took off walking toward the rivermouth. Nobody was on the beach. It was gorgious. Jack, not being the hand holding kind, even held my hand. Be still my heart. We had a good conversaiton and when we got to the rivermouth we headed back. Jack wanted to cross the rivermouth but the locals have me all freaked out about the crockodiles so I didn't want to. Our trip has been pretty near perfect and I wasn't about to change that. We started back and when we got to Lola's we sat down and had about 15 min until the sun dropped. It was perfecto. Except for the gal who was about 4-5 glasses buzzed on her red wine. She was chatty and within 5 minutes of us having our romantic moment we knew more about her than we asked for. I ended up tuning her out and Jack felt like he needed to be a little more polite, which is so not like him. Anyway, the sunset was awesome and when it dropped into the ocean, no green flash was seen, we grabbed our bikes and headed back. My ear problem got worse and I had to go to bed because I couldn't even open my mouth. I skipped dinner and felt terrible. I woke up feeling the same. I'm going to get my suit on and go lay in the sand and fall asleep. Maybe when I wake up something will have changed.
More later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you done my trick yet w/the alcohol and vinegar? The vinegar will kill the bacteria/virus. The alcohol will dry it out. I feel so bad for you. You don't want to end up w/a busted ear drum either :(

The sunset moment sounded just incredibly beautiful. How sweet sweet sweet. I don't suppose you brought a camera to capture it?? :)

Jan

hefr said...

Jan, I bring my camera everywhere. Literally. This was the first and such a spontaneous thing and we just left. I thought about it but decided not to bring it. Never again.

hefr said...

Jan, I tried the remedy you gave to me. And some other remedies that were suggested. Nothing worked. I think it got so infected that I needed to get an antibiotic in there.