Mountain Life in Colorado: Manny Molin

Monday, August 30, 2010

Manny Molin








Manny Molin, I don't even know how to spell that, was something we said as kids. We'd see something neat and say, "manny molin!" Or we would just say it to be goofy. This weekend, at my family reunion, my cousin's husband, John, said it and it brought back the most incredible memories. I can't believe he remembered that and said it and manny molin did I ever crack up. I think my brother, Andy, made that one up. Correct me if I'm wrong, if any of my family members are reading this.
The family reunion in, Hayward, WI. had been an amazing time. We got here Friday afternoon after a fun car ride with my girls. We laughed and cranked the music and had every window down so our hair was flying wild. We laughed and sang until our stomachs hurt. When we arrived it was like a walk down memory lane. The smells, sounds, views were all the same and I felt 10 again.
We got settled into our room in the main house and I was so excited. It was like the feeling you had at Christmas as a kid. I couldn't wait to get there and here I was.
Here is a synopsis of our weekend:
-swimming in the lake
-tubing
-water skiing
-lounging on the beach
-30 family members
-the lodge
-cabin 9
-cabin 3
-ping pong
-John picking up his guitar and playing at random while we all did whatever
-laughing
-screaming
-go karts
-riding in the boat
-eating
-sitting around the fire
-catching up with my family members
It was a wonderful weekend and I wish we could do this once a year.
I have a super cool family. My Mom was there in spirit. I could feel her there.

No comments: