Mountain Life in Colorado: A Pain in my Ear

Friday, August 6, 2010

A Pain in my Ear

Yesterday was day 3 of pretty severe pain and I couldn't take it anymore. I was so nauseous and dizzy and had Jack bring me to a pharmacy to get something. I arrived and luckily someone spoke English, however, I was prepared with my Spanish. I described my condition and she gave me some drops with an antibiotic and a few pain meds and $30 later I was on my way.
We got home and I put those drops in and within 3 hours I felt better. I had a great nights sleep last night and with another round this morning I feel pretty good. I still have water in there or the infection or whatever but it is not a throbbing, piercing pain like it has been. I was one cranky lady with that issue. Sorry to mi familia.
It rained yesterday very hard but Jack got the lawn mowed before it all started. We had a nice lounge day at the house with me pretty much laying on my side with the drops in. I watched t.v. and relaxed. Jack and the girls swam and played pool and foosball. It was fun to listen to them have such a great time with each other. I made some killer sliders, a mixture of Chorizo and ground beef, for dinner with mashed potatos and salad and homemade empanadas for dessert. I need to open my own restaurant when/if we ever move here. Jack loves my cooking. Jack loves any cooking but the compliments he's dishing out at me this trip over my cooking are making me blush.
The girls are ready to go home now. We made the mistake of starting the countdown and now they are anticipating getting home and starting our next vacation. The long drive to MN and WI for the family reunion. It'll be an excellent way to end our summer and we are all super excited to see my family. I know I can't wait and the girls either. Jack always has a good time with my brother's, Dad and cousins. I'm glad we are going.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

do my ear drops going forward from now on. trust me.

jan