Mountain Life in Colorado: Volunteer Work

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Volunteer Work








We started volunteering at this incredible place called the Swan Center.  It's a ranch north of Silverthorne and they have taken in horses that have been neglected or abused or their owner isn't able to take care of them anymore.  Whatever the case, it is a beautiful place and we love being there.  Today was our 2nd Saturday helping out.  Last week we learned how to handle the horses, harness them,  feed them, etc.  It's a ton of work and every bit is enjoyable.  The girls and I went back today and had a great time.  There are 35 horses, 3 llamas, 1 alpaca and 4 goats.  We feed them all.  More later.  I'm whooped and now I have to go to work.  It's my first night back since May.  Hopefully it's not busy so I don't get my bags packed.  I'm not ready for that yet.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

What a great bonding opportunity too! Something they will remember they did with their Mom :)