Mountain Life in Colorado: Sleep and Consume

Friday, September 24, 2010

Sleep and Consume

I must be catching up on all of the sleepless nights I had at the casita.  I still think of trying to sleep in that bed; itching, swatting, sweating, listening, HEARING.  I laugh now at those times.  Seems like all a heavenly dream.  Did I just say heavenly with all of those adjectives I just used?  Too funny. 
Jack has been getting out of bed in the mornings and getting the kids out the door.  He gets up way early anyway so it's not like he's dragging his butt out of bed like I'm doing.  It's nice to have my sleep in's.  I start work on Saturday and I'm not going to be much help once I get on a regular schedule of working until 12-12:30 every night.  That is going to kill me for the first couple of weeks.  But, time to make some money and get our insurance and live like normal people again.  I hate being normal.  I'm already getting antsy to go, go, go do something crazy.  But, we have plans brewing and goals so we should hunker down for awhile so we can fulfill those goals. 
I have upgraded our high speed internet to high speed internet.  It's so stupid.  I was paying an arm and a leg for our satellite high speed and it was waaayyyyy faster than dial up but when we got on Skype with Idan and Keren from Costa Rica we couldn't see a clear pic and it was super fuzzy and slow.  I just purchased a good web cam so I knew it wasn't that.  I had seen their picture on their computer when they were Skyping with family members in Israel and it was picture perfect.  So I called my internet company to upgrade to a faster speed and now I am paying 2 arms and 2 legs for my high speed internet.  But, the speed is way faster and I am not waiting for things to download/upload as long.  ARGH!  I am such a consumer.  I am really trying to not be so "gotta get that, gotta have that".  I normally am not.  This was definitely a huge splurge.  I did think about it before I bought the upgrade though.  I am pretty frugal when it comes to spending my money.  Oooooohh.  But I did just remember the bike pedals and shoes I just bought.  I'll talk about that after my ride and give you the rating on them.  I can't wait to try them out.  Stay tuned for my review. 

1 comment:

Salzajan said...

Yah, i hate getting up early too! Darrel gets Parks up and going as well. He is already up and its no biggie. I deal w/the after school stuff so it's all good and even :)

I think since you live so far away from everyone, the upgrade is a good investment!! there. you are free to leave guilt free now. go in peace. lol

did you at least keep the visor helmut?