Mountain Life in Colorado: Riding up Puru Creek

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Riding up Puru Creek






I am really into riding my bike these days. I guess after all of the time I spent on the beach cruiser this summer I was looking forward to getting on my mountain bike again. It's also fall and the colors are so amazing. I don't know if I've ever seen them this brilliant. We have had warm temps, no rain, and I think that has helped. Usually, we get a freeze or a little snowfall and it ruins everything. Not this year. Keep the weather warm, but we could use some rain.
Two days ago I rode up Puru Creek with my friend Tracy. We had a ball. She's an excellent rider with an excellent attitude. I like riding with her. The pictures posted are of us in Puru Creek.
Yesterday I rode up Deer Creek. I didn't take any pictures and wished I would have. Every valley has its own view. Each one is different. You may look at the pictures and think "you've seen one mountain, you've seen them all" Not true in my mind. Each is unique and every time I get in a valley I always think it's my favorite. Then I get in another valley and say, "oh, this is my favorite". They're all my favorite and I have had so much fun in each one throughout the years. Every experience different. Webster Pass, Deer Creek, Puru Creek, St's. John, Morgan Gulch, Warden Gulch. Those are the valleys that I have spent some good quality time in and can blog about my experiences at another time.
Enjoy the photos.

3 comments:

Lynne said...

All the photos are stunning!! I always dread the cold coming but love the fall changes in color.

hefr said...

I could not agree more, Lynne.

Anonymous said...

I always loved that private road in the woods that cuts off from town and leads you down to peru creek. The aspen leaves are so pretty on that road.That was one of my favortite bike rides...U lucky girl.Thanks again for the pictures..Im going down memory lane once again

Marilee