Mountain Life in Colorado: No More Mom Jeans

Monday, September 27, 2010

No More Mom Jeans

I am challenged.  I hate it, too.  I cannot shop for clothes.  I have given away so many clothes.  I either didn't wear it anymore or grew out of it.  I loaded up bag after bag after bag and drove to the thrift store.  Now, I have no clothes.  So, today I was on a mission to get some new jeans and shirts.  It's almost like I become another person when I have to shop.  My heart is racing, I get cranky, I wander around the store aimlessly and I'm sure I must look suspicious because I am so clueless and I am looking around desperately for help.  They run from me.  I usually check out every mannequin first to get an idea of what looks nice.  Usually I'll just copy the outfit from it.  I'll get the entire outfit exactly as it is on the mannequin and try everything on.  The mannequin always looks better and I get so frustrated and leave.  That was me today.  I ended up at Old Navy and I was trying on Jeans.  They have "The Flirt, in skinny or boot cut, The Sweetheart, same, The Diva, same, Skinny only skinny, not boot cut.  Skinny was out.  I knew that much. I was looking for "The Mom" but apparently they don't make them.  Bummer.  I was really wanting a good comfortable pair of mom jeans.  Guess I need to graduate.  So I did.  I got someone to help me find my size and I totally went for the Spanish speaking lady re-stocking the inventory.  I asked her, "Habla Ingles?"  No.  Bingo.  I could practice my Spanish and take my mind off of the frustration of shopping.  We had a great time.  She was impressed that I was speaking Spanish to her and told me her name was Laura.  We were on a first name basis and I felt like I was in Nordstroms with my own personal shopper.  I loved Laura.  She was a huge help and after looking through 68 pairs of jeans not finding my size, she finally found my size and we both felt the victory.  $30 bucks for a pair of jeans.  Not what I like to spend my money on but it's getting cold up here in them thar hills and I need to ditch my shorts.  I settled on the Sweetheart, boot cut.  A good fit.
Muchas Gracias, Laura.

No comments: